Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube Smart 40

Options
Jimbo_5
Jimbo_5 Member Posts: 218
Anyone experiencing leak problems with these tanks? Have one that's about 7 years old and leaking out the top under the cover. Went on Google to check that topic and I saw a YouTube video of a leaking tank that looked EXACTLY like the one I had just seen in the basement, same rusty streaks running down the walls, same water filled compartment on top. Is there something going on with these indirects? Tankx, Jim

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Is this an open system, or one with non-barrier tubing? Is there an autofill valve on it?
  • Eric_32
    Eric_32 Member Posts: 267
    Options
    I have only had maybe one or two leak out of hundreds installed, both installer error, on the boiler tappings in the back.

Had to remove and re install with new tape and dope and a larger wrench. Have never (knock Knock) had one leak under the jacket out of easy hundreds of tanks.
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    The only time I have seen these leak is when it's on city water with relatively high pressure and no domestic expansion tank. When someone uses the washer or the dishwasher the solenoid opens and closes so fast it hammers the psi and if there is no way to expand it will blow out the seals between the two tanks. Otherwise these tanks have been very good for me as well. Make sure it's not the hyvent on top going bad. Tanks also have a one time free replacement at least for the tank itself, labor would be separate.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt