Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell True Zone red link zone panel

Options
mars_6
mars_6 Member Posts: 107
Hello wallies, I have a 3 year old system that was a boiler replacement. The original system was a 3 zone baseboard heating system. We removed the original CI boiler installed in the 60's with a Larrs JVS 125. This boiler met the heat load the manual J heat load for the house indicated. There was a parisitic infloor system installed for the new sun room addition of 300 square feet. This system is run off of a Honeywell TH6320R1004 thermostat that controls the zone of base board heat that the parisitic zone is run off of. It has worked fine for 3 heating systems and yesterday one of the stats for the system went blank? This was the stat for the zone that has the parisitic zone on it. I sent a crew out to replace the stat in question and the system was running to spec. I recived a call from the home owner that the system was no longer firing 2 hours later. I went out and found that the 2 amp 24 volt fuse on the boiler had failed? I also found that the Honeywell Red Link control would only allow me to link up 2 of the 3 thermostats. The control has its own 24 volt transformer and is not linked to the boiler other then the end switches from the equipment interface control. So my question after this lengthy sonopos, is has any one had a similar problem with this red link control? I spoke to the reginal manager for Honeywell and his recomdation was to replace the control. Any feed back would be greatly apreciated. Thanks Matt
Matt Rossi