Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitotronic 300A indoor feedback setup help

Options
Robert_H
Robert_H Member Posts: 141
I have a B2HA-19 and installed a Vitotronic 300A this weekend. The unit completed its “commissioning”, is displaying the room temp, and basic controls are working. However, after a little testing I get the feeling the indoor feedback feature isn’t working. (Room temperature hook-up) is what Viessmann calls it.

The Vitotronic I&S manual says to Check and/or set relevant coding address/parameter at the Vitotronic control unit.

The boiler Service manual has the following Code that I think is relevant
Room temperature hook-up
B0:0
With remote control:
Heating mode/reduced mode

B0:1
Heating mode: weathercompensated
Reduced mode: with room temperature hook-up.

B0:2
Heating mode: with room temperature hook-up
Reduced mode: weather-compensated.

B0:3
Heating mode/reduced mode:
with room temperature hook-up.

Looking at the options it seems like I get weather compensated (ODR) or room temperature hook-up, not both.
My understanding of using indoor feedback is that the system is running on the ODR curve and the feedback makes small, short term adjustments to the curve to compensate for temporary loss or gains because of solar gain, infiltration loss on windy days etc.

Is the use of “indoor feedback” instant upon installation of the Vitotronic 300A or does it need to be initiated?

If so, is B0 the right code group?

Thanks
Robert

Comments

• Robert_H
    Options
    Also, I did open the Radiator TRV, all the way, in the room with the 300A as stated in the installation instructions. I have the unit on an extra long wire so I can test sensor locations if necessary.
  • heathead
    heathead Member Posts: 234
    Options
    What did you find out, having same problem? Thanks
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Yes, BO: is the correct code group. Allow the appliance time to adapt, which can take 48hrs. If you modify settings or change the thermostat setting, you'll erase the memory buffer and it starts all over again. You may have to shift the heating curve to get exactly what you want.
  • heathead
    Options
    Thanks for clarification of that. What is the break down of the following choices. Advantages of each I am having trobles understanding advantage of each.

B0:0
    With remote control:
    Heating mode/reduced mode

B0:1
    Heating mode: weathercompensated
    Reduced mode: with room temperature hook-up.

B0:2
    Heating mode: with room temperature hook-up
    Reduced mode: weather-compensated.

B0:3
    Heating mode/reduced mode:
    with room temperature hook-up.
  • Paul Pollets
    Options
    It's too long of an explanation and a good topic for a 3 hr seminar.
    Try BO:1 or BO:2 each for 4 days and see how it feels.
  • Robert_H
    Options
    Thanks for clarification on this Paul. What you said explains some of the inconsistency in my data and that I need to leave the setting in one place longer during my tests.

What bugs me to no end is that Viessmann does not provide an explanation of what each mode does. The titles are almost ambiguous.

"weather compensated", that sounds like normal ODR mode

"With remote control" who knows exactly what that means

"with room temperature hook-up " sounds like this might be indoor feed back but if that were the case it should say something like "weather compensated, with room temperature hook-up"

I called Viessmann and could not get clarification on what the different modes do. There was a elusion that that that kind of technical data does not make it to this side of the pond but they did say I should use B0:0.

I'm just not comfortable with not understanding how my equipment works. So Ill keep experimenting.

Hothead,

I ve it in B0:1 for a while recording ODT, BT, CST and the room temp on the vitronic. I recently shifted to B0:2 which seems a little more responsive to the room temp but Ill wait for a week or two of data before I say more.
  • Paul Pollets
    Options
    Viessmann could do a much better job of explaining the nuances. The only way to get the info is by taking the controls class or Vitodens seminar. The manuals are not self-explanatory in regards to the various options because it's a direct German translation.
  • heathead
    Options
    Paul thank you, for all your feed back. Makes me feel better about the manuals, not written very well, they need a viessmann blog to explain all the options better. In the class do they have a book that explains the options better. Love the boiler very quiet, except for o-ring on the return supply fitting being messed up from the us conversion. Easily fixed but spayed water all over on the commissioning. None of the three supply houses had the gas gaskets in their system to remove the gas line for the gas valve, do people not do the annual service or just reuse the old gasket? Same thing for indirect tank gaskets, just crazy these would not be stock items. If distributors want my business they need to be required to stock the basic parts for the Viessmann.
  • Paul Pollets
    Options
    I've insisted they do and they do. I've had to order certain gasket sets for those very reasons. Suppliers (wholesalers) don't do the complete parts stock because of limited turnover. Everything is "just in time" which means at least 24 hrs. + shipping. It's just the way it is.
    Robert_H
  • Paul Pollets
    Options
    Viessmann used to have a blog through their Canadian subsidiary KWElectronics... here's a link:

http://www.kwe-tech.com/files/vitotalk/vitotalkissue6.pdf
    Robert_H