Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Simple way to run 2 heat zones from one thermostat?

Options
Eperot
Eperot Member Posts: 3
Hello,
I have an old Victorian with 2 zones, upstairs and downstairs. Currently I have two separate Honeywell t-stats, one on each floor. I want to change it up so that I have remote sensing ability that is less conspicuous than a wall mounted unit, and preferably control both zones from one unit. Trouble now is that the upstairs t-stat is in the hallway at the top of the stairs, and since heat rises, if the doors to upstairs rooms are closed, the air at the top of the stairs is warm enough to never cause the t-stat to call for heat. Was looking at the Honeywell Portable Comfort Control which can be used as it's own temp sensor but don't know if it can control 2 separate zones. Also thought about a Honeywell VisionPRO but don't know if you can use 2 different indoor air temp remote sensors (1 up, 1 down) to control 2 zones from 1 unit. Any thoughts or advice?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Spence
    Spence Member Posts: 316
    Options
    Snice you mentioned Honeywell, the offer several models that will work for you. You need only one remote sensor, as the thermostat itself will function as the sensor for the main zone. The two in tandem will average the floors, so you may want to consider relocation of the upstairs sensor out of the "hot" area.

It would be helpful to know what equipment you have up and down, so we can make sure the correct controls are being considered.