Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Testo 310 Any Good? Sensors Replaceable?

Options
I was looking at this for basic testing for an oil burner. Wondered if you had any opinions on this model, it seems like a good value. Second thing that concerns me is that I can't find sensors for it. Are they replaceable? Not sure if this is considered a disposable unit.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    I have the Testo for back up and use the UEI C155 everyday. The UEI came with 5 years free maintenance. Either one has to be sent back to the factory. There are Bacharach models that have field replaceable sensors and don't require as frequent factory calibrations. If your spending the money, I would go with something with more features.
    steve
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My Bacharach "Insight" Analyzer has all the features I was willing to spend for it. It has replaceable sensors that I replaced. It is really a bomb proof machine. Testo's are very good along with Wohler's. Just more money.

I have a friend with UEI's. He likes them. He always has one being sent back for repair/replacement and calibration. A oil company I helped out had all Wohler's. They always had one or two going back for repair/replacement and calibration.

I could only afford one instrument. If I had a lot of money, I'd still buy a Bacharach. My old "Wet Kit" served me well for years. I like my "Insight" as well or better than my old wet kit.

Regardless of what the draft part read, I still always used my Wet Kit draft gauge. You can see this one from across the room. MZF