Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

how to find Btu for gm delco heat steam bioler model# DB 3 S.

j70b
j70b Member Posts: 1
can`t find BTU ,no radiators in house...

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    The metal recyclers I am familiar with pay by the pound, not by the BTU.

What are you trying to accomplish?
    KC_JonesRobGj70b
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    edited November 2014
    SWEI said:

What are you trying to accomplish?

I second that. Are you putting an all new heating system in? You say no radiators? If you need to size a new system you need to do a complete room by room heat loss calculation you can't depend on what the old boiler was...most likely it was way over sized.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    j70b
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Not sure what you are looking to do in this case, but that boiler is worth more dead than alive. It has been years since I worked on one of those, bit I think the rating label was also on the clean out cover? If that is what you are looking for
    j70b
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    I had one of those for 26 years, mine was a 5 section 140,000 BTU unit. If you take a side off you can count the sections.

If you don't have radiators to feed you might as well start with a heat loss so you will know what you need to heat the house.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
    j70b
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    You could probably get a good idea of the EDR by measuring the distance between where the pipe(s) came up through the floor, subtract three inches for valve(s), look at the paint on the wall and add about three inches for how deep the paint brush went behind the radiators and then look at the indentions in the floor and then look up the EDR of the rads. It's that simple! (or you could just do a room by room heat loss) :D