Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

review of califee dirt mag seperator

Options
clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,111
Hats off to califee ,I was lucky enough to go to a attend a califee class which I had the honor to meet wally hot rod .Great experience to meet and listen to hot rod if you have the chance to listen to him don t miss it super smart guy who like dan boiles it all down for us to understand .I decieded to rmove a y strainer and install a califee magnetic cirt cal .Went back to the job the other day and sure enough I blew her down to find a lot of small ferrious particals that would have ended up in my mod con .This job also has a boiler buddy buffer tank fiquring most of the crap would settle there not so ,This job also uses a wilo eco pump which was starting to make some noise which I m guessing is ferries particles build up in the circ body due to the high maginic field .I installed the mag dirt separator and added some sentinel boiler treatment and now the wilo is running quite ,Thanks califee and hot rod great product and even though we didn t get to shoot to much bull it was still a honor to meet you ,Peace and good luck clammy also plan on squezzing one on my mod con with steel piping
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,157
    Options
    Thanks Clammy, it was fun meeting and spending time at Henrys with you and the group. Yeah, there is never enough time to sit and "chew the fat"

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Keep on fishing :)
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    We just installed our first two of these on a church retrofit. Draining the the rusty flakes is always satisfying.