Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New IBC SL160 install

jonny88
jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
edited November 2014 in THE MAIN WALL
interesting job,we had four different loads.Radiant in kitchen,panel rads in living room(lets not talk about the price of these rads,somehow these have to be made more affordable),upstairs had 160' of baseboard.We split it in half and and gave each "new zone" a circ,and an 80 gallon High output indirect.Great boiler how it handles different temps.We also had a baseboard zone in basebent.House is roughly 2700 sqft boiler oversized for heating but customer wanted a high demand of hot water.A big thanks to dan for letting us share our work and as always critique is welcome.PVC is fresh air and we used chimney for chase using centrotherm.
Gordy

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    edited November 2014
    Another true piping Picasso.

Pablo would agree. Nice job.
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    nice looking job!
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    I had to zoom in before I could tell whether those joints were ProPress or not. Nice!
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Thankyou gents Swei if I could afford it I might go propress but I do enjoy to solder.Thankyou for the kind comments,it was a very hard job to sell and quite honestly it went a bit over budget but thats my problem.Thats my downfall trying to price these jobs,any hints or tips greatly appreciated.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Translation: Your joints were clean enough that I had to zoom in to see that they were actually sweated. Craftsmanship is becoming unfortunately rare these days -- you should be proud of your work.
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Very nice!
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    jonny88 said:

Thankyou gents Swei if I could afford it I might go propress but I do enjoy to solder.Thankyou for the kind comments,it was a very hard job to sell and quite honestly it went a bit over budget but thats my problem.Thats my downfall trying to price these jobs,any hints or tips greatly appreciated.

No matter how hard you try, if you want your work quality to be an expression of yourself, and you have to compete against the head dandruff of the competition, you will suffer. It comes with the territory.

Its actually easier and faster to do it neatly with hangers and such. What kills you are all the "accessory's" that everyone is insisting we need. My personal experience is that much of it is overkill. My money could go to better places.