Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TRV to fit here?

Harvey Ramer
Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,261
Any TRV's to fit this configuration? Or do I need to modify the piping.

Harvey

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,787
    a double angle valve like this? Lh or Rh versions available.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Harvey Ramer
    @Hot Rod Do you have some dimensions or different pic angles? From here it looks like a reg, 90° turn on that valve.

Thanks
    Harvey
  • Bill_17
    Bill_17 Member Posts: 68
    You are dealing with both a 90 degree turn and a change in height. You will either have to adjust for the height by cutting the supply pipe coming out of the floor and using fittings to bring that underneath the typical angle valve. Or, lpositon a standard angle valve horizontally and adjust the supply height to feed into it at the correct height. In either case, you will probably have to cut and re-thread the supply pipe coming out of the floor. Know the various dimensions should determine how to proceed.
  • Harvey Ramer
    Thanks Rob. It doesn't look like any of those will work. I need 1" with a high CV and I didn't see any config. that would eliminate piping changes.

It's on a converted gravity system. I don't want to rock the boat to much. I guess I should extend the riser coming through the floor and use a high capacity horizontal angle valve. That would eliminate 1 90° bend which should help compensate for the pressure drop through the valve.

Harvey