Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Question for Beckett, or someone who has tried this

billtwocase
billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
With the cost rising on all parts, I purchased a few Cleancut fuel pumps to update burners in the field that have 3450 mini pumps, and Honeywell or equivalent electric solenoid fuel cut offs. Those field kits are almost twice the cost of a Cleancut. I tried one on an AFG the other day, and found that the stem/coil ended up right in front of the air band locking screw on top. After tightening the 2 housing bolts, I believe it ruined the stem on the new pump. Yay. The screw would have to be relocated, as the new chassis are with the offset screw. In order to use the pump on AF/AFG pre Cleancut would to either mount the pump upside down with the lower screw removed, or there needs to be a longer coupling, and a spacer between the housing and pump. The top screw can not be removed, as it is the only screw that holds the adjustment. I have spend years trying to update controls, motors, etc, but seems like this pump update has it's limitations. PS, the Suntec is the same situation

Comments

• billtwocase
    edited November 2014
    Thanks Charlie. These did not come with instructions. I will state that they are reman pumps. I have been getting better results than new with these for years. Will the air gate stay centered when the top screw is eliminated? There is some play there. I think another tight squeeze with be if the Beckett has an outside an outside air intake? Thanks again
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Cleancut Pumps slurp (IMO). If the solenoid goes bad, it's the whole pump. At least with a standard pump and solenoid, you can by-pass the solenoid.

There's a similar problem I found with OEM cleancut pumps on Carlin EZ-1's. I've used a Mitco Qwik-Chek pump tester. You can not connect to the nozzle line into the burner because the pump bleeder is in the way.
  • Marz
    Marz Member Posts: 90
    Remove the top screw that secures the air shutter. There is in fact a screw on the bottom that will secure the air shutter just fine. We have found this out after many solenoids were crushed.
  • billtwocase
    Thanks to all
  • Charlie Masone
    Charlie Masone Member Posts: 66
    I guess the rebuilder doesn't have instructions. If you don't have the PD timer cordset or a valve on delay control you need to get one. It is a requirement of the CleanCut pump.

Try a Beckett 2182602U solenoid kit. Less than the Honeywell valve. More reliable and rated to a higher pressure. Comes with the PD timer cordset.

Sign up for a Beckett class next time we are in the neighborhood. We have much to share.
  • billtwocase
    Thanks again Charlie. This is not 1st day at the rodeo. Been installing and servicing Beckett and all other products on my 32nd year. I use the Genisys for pre-purge, and have multiple plugs from the countless failed Cleancut and Suntec pumps. My last class was about 3 years ago, and I know that Cleancut pumps predate that, and there was no mention of this particular situation, nor was I aware of it, so no questions were asked . Beckett used to send out service bulletins years back, but they no longer do? Perhaps back in the Carl Sulzen days? I buy the 300 LBS kit, as 140 and is a low average nowadays. I will look into the Beckett kit, but not because of a failure on Honeywell's part. Thanks again