Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

r7284u wiring

Options
rrob311
rrob311 Member Posts: 15
Hi everyone. I am replacing my old honeywell r8284 oil control with a new digital r7284u on my beckett forced hot air oil furnace. I have most everything hooked up. On the r8284 there are a couple of yellow leads that come down from the limit switch. One of the wires was hooked up to one of the thermostat leads. The other was just dangling.

My question is, how do I properly connect these limit switch wires to the new r7284u? There is a red limit wire that plugs into the r7284u but I have no idea where to connect it.

My next question is which outputs on this module, if any, have a 24v output so I can wire my new wifi honeywell thermostat.

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    edited November 2014
    Options
    you must have meant that you are upgrading from a 8184G, and it sounds like you have a Olsen furnace
  • rrob311
    Options
    Ya I believe the furnace is an Olsen and the pump is a Beckett.
  • billtwocase
    Options
    I never quite understood the added yellow wires, I guess a back up means of high limit controlling the burner. The red wire coming out of the fan/limit will tie into the black on the new control. There will also be a red wire on the new control that need power as well. It would be best to have this done for you
    icesailor
  • rrob311
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, while I am not a home HVAC technician, I am certified in Automotive HVAC systems and electrical.
  • billtwocase
    Options
    I am sure you are very mechanically inclined, just that a flooded car and a flooded furnace is like night and day. The wiring is pretty cut and dry on those controls. Just read and follow the instructions