Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rhomar Steam boiler fluid?

Options
ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,894
Any thoughts on this? I'm really curious about the cost but could not find any information online.

http://www.rhomarwater.com/media/W-SteamPro.pdf

It appears to be a premixed water plus treatment that you fill the system with.
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    I talked to Rhomar about this..it is a great idea if you have a crappy water supply..Didn't ask about cost..they will sell direct if there is no distributor in your town..you can call them and they will tell you if there is a local supply house selling in your area, if not they will quote the pricing directly to you..i buy rhomar 903 directly from them, but recently noted i can get it slightly cheaper on amazon.com
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,748
    Options
    @ChrisJ are you not happy with the steamaster tablets? I actually just put the steamaster in mine yesterday. Going to get a ph tester next so I can monitor it.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,894
    Options
    KC_Jones said:

@ChrisJ are you not happy with the steamaster tablets? I actually just put the steamaster in mine yesterday. Going to get a ph tester next so I can monitor it.

No, I have no complaints about the steamaster tablets other than the instructions being completely wrong and their non-existent support. The product it self seems to work fantastic.

It seems like Rhomar is on top of their game and has excellent customer support. The problem of course being $80 a gallon for 903 and I think you need a quart of 10 gallons of water.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment