Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiators with feed and return on same side

Jean12 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Domestic Hot Water
Greetings, I need to replace two 100 year old American Radiator Co. radiators with
two new cast iron radiators. They need to have feed and return on same side. Does anyone
know who manufactures these today?


  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    I really don't think you will find a new radiator like that with a supply and return at the bottom at the same end. Unless it is used. And good luck on that too.

    The closest I think you will get is an equal sized radiator where you connect one to the bottom and the other to the top.

    You probably have a few more installed like that one. It looks like you have been trying to stop the leaks with Epoxy. Get practiced at replacing radiators with top and bottom connections. Leaking old radiators are like rats or fleas. Where there's one, there will be more.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    I should have looked at the photo first :smiley: Thought you were talking about top and bottom tappings on the same side.

    If it's on the first floor, you might be best off re-routing either the supply or the return to the other end of the radiator.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    edited October 2014
    You could use a standard radiator with a lance type valve. It looks like the one in the link is for vertical connection but I know Danfoss makes one for horizontal aps.
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Check out danfoss look under lance valves. Radiator valve with supply and return same side with a long tube to get the hot water in one side of the radiator to the other side. I believe caleffi might have this type of valve.