Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Combustion Analyzers

Sorry if this was discussed recently- looking for opinions on the latest batch of analyzers. What are people loving/hating out there? Bacharach InTech vs. Insight- worth the extra cash?

Comments

• Jeff W_2
    Jeff W_2 Member Posts: 57
    CO analyzers- what do people think of the new Bacharach units?
    -
  • RJMCTAFO
    RJMCTAFO Member Posts: 113
    I have had a Bacharach Insight plus in service for about a year and have been very pleased. Nobody is really making junk out there as far as the big names so look for things you may find helpful for you. I happen to really love the graphing function on the Insight.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    I agree with RJM. All the testers out there are quality, just a preference thing. I've had nothing bust great results from Testo myself
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Still happy with my UEI C155. Love the BlueTooth option and the lack of an O2 sensor to deal with.
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,796
    Liking the
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,796
    Liking the Testo myself….Agreed, all pretty much the same…Testo had a great training session on there product, where I purchased it….
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 591

I have a Bacharach insight, yesterday my O2 sensor needs replacing, totally my fault I did not monitor sensor readings which is built into the analyzer.I called up the local rep as I really need one for today. 20 minutes drive away he hands me a replacement while I'm waiting on my O2 sensor, my O2 sensor arrives on Monday.I cannot speak for the other companies but that is service!!
    Especially when I have nobody to blame but myself.
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 591
    I keep saying all the products are only as good as their after sales service
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    A big part of my decision to try the C155 was the five year warranty -- not just repairs, but also calibration and even sensor replacements for the entire five years.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    That is interesting SWEI. I will look into one. Bacharach has always been a stand up company as well.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    My insight sensor went after its time, and my Wholesaler stocks them. I put a new sensor as per the instructions, it did a self test and calibration, and I was good to go a few minutes later.

I bought my Insight because I used a Bacharach "Wet Kit" for years. Brand loyalty. A Oil Company I helped out used Wholers exclusively. They had five active ones and two in transit for repairs and re-calibration. Another friend had two UEI's. One was always in transit to be repaired, new O2 sensors and re-calibration.

I still used the large draft gauge from my Wet Kit. And the smoke tester.