Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit

Replacing steam boiler main vents

I have an old single pipe steam system in a two story colonial in New Hampshire. I have been trouble shooting some noisy pipes and have been able to replace most of the radiator valves. But I also found 3 old Hoffman No. 2 (1/8") valves on the mail lines in the basement. They are in really bad shape but of course you can no longer buy Hoffman No. 2 valves. They look like regular angled radiator valves but I assumed the main line requires a different valve than my radiators. Can anyone suggest what type valve I should replace these with?


Sign In or Register to comment.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!