Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rhomar....run time?

kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,407
I have been using Rhomar chemicals for cleaning systems for a number of years now. Good results. I was having a conversation w/ a Fernox rep this week about a system that was fouled and he informed me that when doing a cleaning that Fernox only recommends that their cleaner be left in a system for 2 weeks max and that after that the chemical will breakdown to such an extent that it will be as if nothing was ever done.... Looking at the Rhomar 9100 label I don't see any directions as to max run time. Is a month too long? Thoughts?

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 21,975
    I think it depends on how much junk is in the system that the cleaner has to work on. Also the % of the cleaner and the type.

Check with Rhomar buy I doubt running longer has ill effects.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    I've run 9250 for 2+ years in systems with no apparent ill effects, but I haven't verified the chemistry.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,407
    So I guess the question would be.... how long do you folks usually clean a system? both on start up and a dirty system.....i know...."it depends".
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Start-up 1-2 days.

Old system, 1-2 weeks. Depends on what we found when we flushed it, what we falls of the dirt separator over the first few days, and how busy we are with other projects.