Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Organization of Categories

Jack
Jack Member Posts: 1,047
Dan, as I look at the right hand margin of Categories I have to say that I think the old organization of them was better than doing it alphabetically. I feel kinda bad for Steamy. It just seems kinda wrong given your experience when you were coming up and the expertise needed to do steam, and do it well. We talk about the "Deadmen" and at 66 ( in a few days) I knew a bunch of them. I didn't stay in the trade long enough to be really solid with Steam, but put me in front of a really well done system, which I will recognize, and my hat is off in salute. I think Steam should be up top!
JStar

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,491
    I agree with Jack, the old way of organizing the categories was better.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    And so do I. Many people come here with steam questions, which end up in the main wall category, perhaps then missed by some of the steam pros. Apparently the Vanilla websperts have made this order of categories, and really how could they know what was right? This is the "breaking in period" of the new site, and I am sure that adjustments will be made as time goes on.--NBC
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    I always liked the order of the number of posts determines the order.

Rob
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    edited October 2014
    Honestly it happens with the old wall and the lost sole gets redirected to the right category to post in.

That being said if someone looks for help here I don't know how it could be any easier unless the user is clueless to their system.

New road signs are different same principle still applies.