Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Megapress

Harvey Ramer
Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,261
I just recently bought a Milwaukee Press tool. I have been using it for propress and I have to say, I think it's the best thing since sliced bread! Now i'm chomping at the bit to buy the megapress jaws. At this point in time, most of the black piping I do is smaller jobs, residential and light commercial. And they don't happen all the time since I have a variety of trades that keep busy.

Trying to get a handle on the economics.

Who is using Megapress? What kind of jobs are you doing with it? How does it pan out dollar wise on jobs? How much black should you really be doing to warrant the investment?

Harvey

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,768
    edited October 2014
    Do 5 black iron header heat jobs and it's paid for . Nothin but not killin yourself after that . Ever do a job where you had a leak whether it was a bad fitting , installer error , bad threads ? I have , you can put that behind you with MegaPress and if something does go wrong what used to be a 4 hour repair will take 20 minutes not including a ride to the supply house which happens in either case .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    It's intriquing to me too, being sick of the inconsistencies of iron, Asian fittings, constant threader issues..
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    I also have the Milwaukee press tool. I was told you can't get the mega press jaws for it. Mega press is for the rigid press tool only.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Harvey Ramer
    The Milwaukee megapress jaws are availible for preorder now.

Harvey
    Aaron_in_Maine
  • Hilly
    Hilly Member Posts: 428
    Can the M12 do mega press?
  • Harvey Ramer
    As far as I know, only the M18. I could be wrong.

Harvey
  • gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    I was looking to buy one last year. The cost of fittings is astronomical. Availability none. I hope they changed that.
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    edited October 2014
    I am pretty sure it will only be the m18 too. I know the rigid can't do mega press on the compact gun only the the big gun. I imagine Milwaukee will be the same.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,768
    Gennady , I believe as with anything availability will only change with demand . Some have to lead the way and influence the market . Nobody should wait for others to do it but that's the way it is . We purchased in the beginning when things were tough and figured out how to procure things through other than normal channels and waited until the suppliers asked where we were now buying since our purchases dropped off then we politely told them to have available what we had been asking for in the last months which they did now there is no longer a problem . A shop such as yours must have a certain amount of buying power and keep stock , maybe that is your starting point . As far as price , I can tell you first hand that the amount of work my guys produce opposed to pre Pro Press production rates has increased the bottom line and leaks and the time tp repair them is almost nill .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • Harvey Ramer
    The Viega distribution warehouse is within 10 miles from my shop. I can pick up right from the warehouse as long as I give them advance notice and order through the correct channels.

Harvey