Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

NYC BOILER CODE

ANY ONE KNOW RULING ON HARD WIRED CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR CONNECTED IN SERIES WITH BOILER CIRCUIT. IN 10 GAS FIRED 315,000 BTU 100 GAL. GAS FIRED WATER HEATER. JOHN FROM GATEWAY PROBABLY WILL KNOW ALL ABOUT THIS ISSUE. bob young nyc lic. plbr # 685

Comments

• JohnNYJohnNY Member Posts: 2,497
    Hi Bob. I'm sorry I didn't see this much sooner.
    Perhaps you've worked this out by now, but the "official" word I've gotten from the DoB is that interlocked CO detectors were to be installed "at the inspectors' discretion". So far, every place we have a boiler inside an apartment, as opposed to in a cellar or roof or mechanical room located outside of "living space", we are required to install the CO detector and boiler relay.
    For troubleshooting and private consulting services, find John "JohnNY" Cataneo here at :
    "72°F Mechanical, LLC"
    Or email John at [email protected]
    John is the Boilers and Hydronic Heating Systems Course Instructor at NYC's Mechanics Institute, a professional Master Plumber, licensed by The Department of Buildings of The City of New York, and works extensively in NYC while consulting for clients in and out of state.
    For residential service and installations in New Jersey, please see Toro Plumbing & Mechanical and fill out our contacts page, upload pics, and submit, or call (973-672-1000).
  • bob youngbob young Member Posts: 2,177
    THANX, JOHN. BOB DALY GAVE ME THE ANSWERS I NEEDED. A REAL GENT. MET HIM A FEW YEARS AT A CONTINUING ED. SEMINAR.