Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Suggestions

Options
RobG
RobG Member Posts: 1,850
Dan, I hope you do not take offense to suggestions? It would be nice to be able to see when new posts are made in the various categories. As it is now I have to open each category to see if there is a new post. I haven't scouted out the whole site yet but thanks for having us. If anyone else has any suggestions please comment.

Rob

Comments

• RobG
    Options
    Is there spellcheck on the comment section?
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    Thanks, Rob. Click on Recent Discussions (the Wall defaults to that page). That shows everything that's new. If you open any of those discussions and come back later, there will be a yellow notices on the message that shows someone has added to it.

And yes, there's spellcheck across the whole site.
    Retired and loving it.
  • RobG
    Options
    Call me computer illiterate but is there a button to click for spellcheck? I understand that the comment section highlights errors but sometimes I don't know how to correct them (hence the fact that I went into trade school instead of academia).

I do love the fact that I can now expand a photo without losing everything that I typed previously. Awesome. (it just took me three tries to figure out that I left out the first E in the word awesome) A spellcheck button would be great.

Rob
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    It corrects as you go. If you misspell a word, it underlines it in red. Right-click on the underlined word and you'll see the correct spelling.

Vanilla built the most-powerful, and friendliest forum around and that's why we chose to work with them on this part of the site. It's just going to keep getting better, Rob. Thanks for being a part of it all.
    Retired and loving it.
  • RobG
    Options
    Thanks I never new about spellchecking by right clicking. As I am technically challenged I would never have thought to do it (I was used to a spell check button). As this is the only site that I post on, I am learning as I go along.

Thanks,

Rob
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    So am I. Every day. Thanks, Rob.
    Retired and loving it.
  • bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    Options
    It is a trip. But all things need a little getting used to. Always ahead of the curve. Great work THX