Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

"New WROT copper fittings design ????"

JUGHNE
JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,200
Ordered 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" X 3/4" copper sweat tees.  The new ones remind one of a mono-flow diverter tee.  The internal ID of the run is reduced.  You could not slip a 1 1/4" copper tube thru the run of this 1 1/2" tee.  It looks equivalent to a kink in the piping as far as obstruction/turbulence issues go.  So is this the new standard?  Did I miss something?  The wholesaler/supplier said the entire shipment of all sizes are now this way.  BTW these are NIBCO brand.  Thanks for educating me.

Comments

• Interesting

Do you have a picture of this new design?
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,787
    Nibco pics

Here are a couple fittings from their site. not sure what a Heat Exchange tee is?

Send a pic of the new version.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,200
    edited September 2014
    I assume they are defective

but supplier says that is way the new design is---- externally they appear just like the standard we all know.  As you look thru the 1 1/2" run there is a "baffle" look to the inside bottom opposite of the 3/4" branch.  I only have two of them and the "baffle" seems to be of consistant design and well machined, (not a bad machine punch as you might see on occasion).  Maybe pictures on the other side of the new wall.   They look as if they would induce better flow for use as closely spaced tees for P/S piping but I need them for standard plumbing use.