Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need help / Can't listen to wife another minute

Jaxson
Jaxson Member Posts: 2
I need an older style, but very good condition, hot water radiator.

I need it to be between:

30-36" wide

24-36" tall

7-10" deep

Can't find one within a reasonable distance, and price.

I'm in Floral Park Long Island

Comments

• Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,434
    Do you need a plumber?

Our company operates in Nassau County. Did you need a plumber, or are you just looking for a radiator?

Also, a little more information could help, such as: why do you need a new radiator? Is the previous radiator in a state of disrepair? Why does the radiator need to fit within those dimensions? Do you have a cover and/or is it in some kind of enclosure, or are you just trying to match the size of an existing radiator? Etc.

In any event, we'd love to help!
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,422
    Or

Just get rid of the wife
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Radiator Replacement:

Its usually cheaper to just get the radiator.
  • icesailor
    Radiators for wives:

And most ( I didn't say ALL, I said MOST) of those radiators can be made smaller if you know what you are doing.

Its not difficult to make a little one out of a big one. Not so if you want to make a bigger one out of a little one.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    What?

Come on Ice, you didn't get rid of your radiator stretcher AND your pipe stretcher when you retired did you?
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Could not resist

After 3 weeks in Europe, the best Tshirt on the 14 day cruise: I don't need Google, my wife knows everything!

Good luck!
  • icesailor
    Stretching:

The "pipe stretcher" worked fine. Lots of properly sized couplings. The radiator stretcher was another story.

The Wholesaler I dealt with was a very old company. They made up many of their modern radiators to specifications that weren't standard sized. If they were "Modern" radiators, and you had a freeze up and end sections blew, you could have them pick up the radiators, they would take them to New Bedford, and replace all the broken sections and test them. I used their radiator stretcher. Too much money and not enough call for it. I tried to buy a wire stretcher a few times. No one had one.

Fish Tape.
  • icesailor
    Shirts:

If I wore a shirt like that, there's probably be a division of the property.

She's get the inside, and I'd get the outside.
  • Hap_Hazzard
    Hap_Hazzard Member Posts: 2,846
    Burnham

Burnham still makes a "slenderized" radiator suitable for steam or hot water. A six-tube, 10-section model would be 25" x 30" x 7". A six-tube, 12-section model would be 25" x 36" x 7".
    Just another DIYer | King of Prussia, PA
    1983(?) Peerless G-561-W-S | 3" drop header, CG400-1090, VXT-24