Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What Heating System Do the Heating Professionals

Le John
Le John Member Posts: 234
I often wonder what Heating System the Heating Pro's have in their own houses. Are they as state of the art as some of the systems they install?

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    I have...

In Denver, Radiant floors, panel radiators, radiant ceilings, a cast iron radiator and a towel warmer.

In Heeney, radiant ceilings, walls and windows. NO RADIANT FLOORS, by design. Just to prove that you can deliver excellent radiant "comfort" without having one foot of pipe per square foot of floor space.

I have to thank Dennis Bellanti for giving me the opportunity to experience radiant comfort (Buderi panel rads at his cost) . Thanks Dennis!

Both systems are powered by state of the art variable speed circulators and high efficiency mod con boilers.

In Heeney, when completed, I will have a mod con, a woody biomass boiler, solar thermal, air source heat pump and an earth linked heat exchanger for compressor-less radiant cooling.

My house in the mountains has a state of the art internet connected PC based control system. My home in Denver has an EcoBee WiFi thermostat. I can manipulate both from anywhere in the world that I can get an internet connection. The house in Heeney sends me emails if something gets out of sorts… It can also anticipate snowfall, and when completed, will start warming the slab before the snow flies.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    IBC biler alpine indirect

Circs all grundfoss 2699 for indirect and grundfoss alpha for zones.Caleffi zone valves.In hindsight indirect is not working as I wanted exchanger is not taking BTUs away quick enough and am having issues with to many cycles on hot water demand.Caleffi mixing valve of indirect.When I get money together I will change indirect,Good product but not working for me.Would love to upgrade to wifi thermostats etc but you got to live within your budget.Nice for M.E to get involved in this as this is where we learn from the best.Good luck