Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus Indirect Hot Water tank

Options
jmy
jmy Member Posts: 1
So I just moved into a new home and it has a Buderus GB142 gas condensing boiler.  For some reason, probably cost, the old owner installed an electric hot water heater about 2 feet away from the gas line coming into the house.  I am investigating my options for switching my hot water heating over to gas and I believe I have two options.  I could get a stand-alone gas hot water heater for $400-500 and have that hooked up, or I could go with a Buderus indirect hot water tank, probably a SU54.  I have not received the quote yet, but I'm assuming based on what I have seen online that the Buderus is going to be pricey.  The question is...is it worth the extra cost?  I will be in this home for at least 7 years, possibly more. 

Thanks.

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    Anode rods

suck . I like Buderus' stuff and have used it many times . When it comes to indirects though HTP has the best in the business . SuperStor indirects have a no BS lifetime warranty , are stainless steel , no anode rods to change . You should even be able to use the DHW sensor from Buderus so it communicates nice .

http://www.htproducts.com/superstor-ultra-waterheater.html
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Options
    pricey

You run your electric water heater and you will see pricey.Put an indirect on and bite the bullet.7yrs is a long time.Heating season is coming so get on top of it.A cheaper option might be a turbomax reverse indirect.I hear it works nice and might be cheaper than a indirect.Do your homework and I am sure you will get great advice here.Good luck.