Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boilers which have power venting option

Options
Hi -

I'm investigating the replacement of my boiler.

Currently my boiler is oil-burning and vents through a galvanized metal chimney attached to the exterior of my house.

I want to replace it with a gas-burning (gas is currently piped into my house) boiler that can be power vented. The exterior metal chimney is rusty, ugly, and I want to remove it. The original interior chimney used to vent the original boiler has been abandoned. I'm not entirely sure why, but it is unlined and the flue is very narrow.

My question.... I have only been able to track down the Burnham Independence PV boiler which power vents. Are there any other oil-burning steam boilers which power vent?

Thanks for any and all help!

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Venting

Technically, any boiler can be power-vented with the right equipment and installation. I tend to stay away from Burnham's residential gas boilers. With a third-party power venter, you are free to choose another brand.
  • Jason_13
    Jason_13 Member Posts: 304
    Options
    Burnham

I like the new Burnham ESC sidewall vented boiler. It can return 110 return water which increases system efficiency with the plug in ODR control. The ESC and ES2 as far as I am concerned is one of the best cast iron water gas boilers out there.