Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

3/4 inch Pex to Uponor Heating Manifold

Options
DonM
DonM Member Posts: 4
I am nearly done with the radiant heating system on my remote cabin.  I have 3/4 pex in the floor.  I visited a plumbing supplier and told them I was looking for a manifold.  I took one look at the Uponor Heating Manifold and was sold.  Now on site I see that it might not be easy to connect 3/4 inch pex to this manifold.  Uponor sizing for QS style fittings go to 5/8.  It's hanging on the wall all plumbed in and nowhere to go. 

And ideas out there?  And thank you in advance.

Comments

• Boiler wrestler
    Boiler wrestler Member Posts: 43
    Options
    3/4 pex

There's a 3/4 propex fittng available. Q4020750
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    fitting

that has been mentioned will readily connect your 3/4" (why) to Uponor Brass and EP manifolds .  That is assuming your pex is HePex and not Uponor MLC tubing . 
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • DonM
    Options
    Regular Every Day Pex

Well, therein is the problem.  The Pex is everyday Home Depot or local lumber yard Pex.  I dug into the Uponor catalog and found adapters up to 5/8. 

The reasons for the size, type, etc. is lost to history I am afraid.
  • Rich_49
    Options
    You

may have a problem then . The 3/4 fitting for adapting to brass or EP manifolds only comes in the r20 x pex configuration . Don't know what tube you have but I'd be willing to bet it won't be expander friendly .  You may need to borrow , rent , buy a Uponor expander , buy the adaptors and transition using some type of pushfit . Or just forgo the brass or EP manifolds and purchase 2" manifold and R25 fittings (F2821225) and 3/4 compression x R25 Thread adaptors(A4020750) .  Good luck . 
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    732-751-1560
  • JoeyG_2
    JoeyG_2 Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Try this

Use the Rehau 267007-101 .  It's a R20 - 3/4" Pex Comp. Fitting. Give it a shot!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• DonM
    Options
    Thanks

Thanks for everyone's thoughts.  I will look at the Rehau and I already started packing up the Uponor for return....but it's still easy to unpack.

thanks again. 
  • DonM
    Options
    Another question

Rehau products are not easily accessible to me and I could not find a catalog on their site.  If anyone has a link let me know please.  I returned the Uponor manifold today.  It didn't cost me too much in restocking fees.  I have ordered a Viega manifold that has 1 1/4" fittings.  I assume that's NPT.

Does anyone know of a part something like the Uponor Threaded Brass Manifold Straight Adapter, A4143220 that would be sized R32 and 1 1/4?

It would be a big chunk of brass with a male R32 thread on one end and a male 1 1/4 on the other.

Yes, you guessed it.  I have these beautiful R32 union tails on my piping and I would rather put an adapter on than undo all of that work.

thanks.
  • JoeyG_2
    JoeyG_2 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Rehau

Hey, I sell Rehau in upstate New York. Hit the contact this user if you need something. We can chat off site and not disturb the walls the mojo..

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• steveg
    steveg Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Manifold fittings

Roth Industries has two manifolds (HK and NP) with 3/4" PEX compresson fittings. They are only sold through distributors. Contact me if you need one in your area.
  • fixerDIYupper
    fixerDIYupper Member Posts: 8
    Options
    I wouldn't mix anything with Uponor, especially after spending money on one of their manifolds. I'm currently installing a TruFLOW 10 loop, and using all Uponor parts, including Multicor PAP. Did you use PAP in the floor or O2 barrier? THIS is what you need if you iused PAP, and THIS if you used O2 barrier.
  • Rich_49
    Options
    Why would he use 5/8" fittings on 3/4" pex ?
    732-751-1560