Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pressure assist toilets

TonyS
TonyS Member Posts: 849
I do a limited amount of plumbing and my brand choices are limited to my suppliers so can I get some opinions on different pressure assist closets that your using?

Water spot, quietness,overall function?

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    PA Toilets:

They're great when they are new and work well.

After that, it's all downhill.
  • TonyS
    Ive had a Gerber in my home for 10 years

works fine. I have quite a few Gerbers out there and have no trouble. I installed a back outlet Eljer about 7 years ago at a local Italian restaurant and have had no trouble with that either and it is much quieter than the Gerber.
  • icesailor
    Pres. Assist Vs. gravity flush:

The new toilets like the Kohler class 5 toilets flush as well as the old flush ell toilets and outperform the power flush toilets with a fraction of the water. You won't be buying the proper flush valve gasket at HD or Lowes. They take a specific flapper.

That Kohler TV Commercial where the guy sees the hot lady plumber going on a service call and he starts throwing stuff down hos toilet to plug it up and get her to come over and fix it? But it won't plug up? Its MY experience that it is true. You can't plug them up. Well, you can plug up anything. But I replaced a lot of Wellworth's with Cimmeron's and never once had a problem. Early Power Flush units were different manufacturers. As far as my experience goes, they all use Sloan Power Flush units. Some old Kohler units have to have the entire toilet replaced because you can not get a replacement unit. Sloan became the standard for flush mate units
  • TonyS
    Cimmeron has a good flush but

a lousy water spot. whether its sh#t stains on the inside of the bowl or on a brush sitting aside of the closet..that is gross. Pressure assist have full size water spots and stay much cleaner.
  • icesailor
    Improvements:

That well may be.

Manufacturers are constantly improving their fixtures.

My 2000/2001 new home in Massachusetts had Wellworth's. One I used was so bad that I had a plunger AND a toilet auger in a closet beside the toilet for almost every use. In 2007, I replaced a Briggs or some other POS competitive brand in my Florida Condo with another Wellworth. It has never plugged up. Same toilet, different internal design.

What isn't stated in the instructions is that there really is a 2 force flush on Cimmeron's, Wellworths and any other low flush toilets. A #1  flush is that you just hit the lever and a small amount of water leaves the tank. For a #2 style more aggressive flush, you hold the handle down while it is flushing. For those special delivery packages to the sanitary sewer system.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    The newest generation of Wellworth

are fantastic IMO.  1.28 GPF, under $150 in white, nice spot, and will flush pretty much anything -- be careful with small pets.