Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tankless Coil ???

Options
bill nye_3
bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
I know, I know... so 1950's. But I may have a reason. There is an outside wood boiler. In the winter it warms the oil boiler via heat exchanger. Ok so far ?

My question is, I have a Burnham V34 with two coils, Which coil should the aquastat be placed in ? Upper or lower ? Parallel or series ? I like series. Which coil should get the entering cold water upper or lower ?

It has been at least 20 years since I did any thing like this , I admit I have forgotten. I will probably install a relief valve in between.

It may sound crazy but I plan on installing an indirect also , so when the wood is not being used , I will not have to keep the boiler hot all the time. And no, there is no unusually high demand for hot water just want to get the most out of what ever fuel is being used at the time. I want to try to incorporate outdoor reset also. I don't want to say money is no issue, but it is not as much an obstacle as usual.

Comments

• bill nye_3
    bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
    Options
    thanks

I fed the lower coil first and put the aquastat in the upper coil. I really don't know if there is a preferred method , I wasn't able to find any information .