Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Is kiteck the next Entran

Options
mars_6
mars_6 Member Posts: 107
I just found out about the North American recall on kitec, sweet so glad I re piped my homes domestic water system in it 8 years ago. Has anyone had any failures in hydronic systems in the Denver metro area? I have many systems in this town with this product. Thanks for any feed back. Mars
Matt Rossi

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,137
    Options
    the issues

and lawsuits dating back to 2006 had to do with fitting failures, dezincification of the high lead content brass, as I understand it. Nevada and Washington state seemed to be the areas where lawsuits started.

I do get pictures of the tube failures from time to time. It either shows delaminating or bubbling inside. Like Entran it seems to be limited to certain batches of the tube?

I don't see installation or handling being the cause? Product or manufacturing glitches?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • mars_6
    mars_6 Member Posts: 107
    Options
    Sorry been out in the field

Please feel free to go to this web site and see if you all can discern what this means. Smarter mind s than mine may help me to determine ****. The site is kitecsettllement.com any input would be gratefully appreciated. ME if you have any thing to bring to this table please call me. Thanks Matt
    Matt Rossi