Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

mini-split use advice

Options
remodel
remodel Member Posts: 68
Guys, I have a quietside mini split that I use for cooling only (heat via BB) my main living area. Kicked it on last night and have no problems using it as a dumb cooling device, just some advice to its automation and optimization. Do I need to run this thing 24/7, will it shut down on set indoor temp, I know there is a timer mode and a sleep mode. The reason I ask is the manual is awful and I am sure someone on the wall has figured this thing out better than the people who wrote the instructions :). Thanks.

Comments

• Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    Options
    More

Info what brand do you have ? Do you have a remote?
  • Spence
    Spence Member Posts: 316
    Options
    Quietside

Most models will cycle the compressor on the set temperature yet allow the indoor blower to run as long as you are in the cooling mode.
  • remodel
    Options
    quietside wall unit w/remote

In cool mode only, auto fan mode set. That is what I was wondering if the machine every shuts down on temp. Ran it two nights ago to see and set temp to 75° and it read indoor ambient at 77° and eventually read 75° but she did not shutdown. Didn't know if I gave her enough time but I will check it out again when it gets hot enough for us but it sounds like it will keep running and cycle compressor. When it gets hot enough do you recommend letting it run 24/7 and using sleep mode or do you guys like to use the timer mode?
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    Options
    Inverter

Do you know if compressor is variable speed or not? 
  • remodel
    Options
    Variable Speed

Per the "quietside website" it sounds like a VFD:

...."Since the compressor does not need to stop and restart as the temperature fluctuates,it saves energy and inflicts less strain on the compressor."