Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tracking time

Options
Bill Clinton_6
Bill Clinton_6 Member Posts: 35
Hi.  Haven't posted here in many a moon, but am running into a problem and looking for help. I want a database program into which I can enter a detailed workman's time sheet.  It would identify the job our tech went to and break it down into travel time and time on job, for one or many jobs on a given day.  It would identify the aspect of the job worked on, such as "boiler repair" or "tube installation" or "manifold installation" or "install mains". It would be able to total the day's time and allocate to regular time, 1 1/2 time overtime and 2x overtime if needed. It would be able to amalgamate this into a one week period and a two week period for entry into payroll.

With all the information in the database, I would want to query it for information like "total travel time to job x"  "total on-the-job time for job x."

For service jobs, I would like to record how long it takes to change a burner on an xyz boiler so the info can be entered into a flat rate program.

It seems to me that this is not asking all that much, but I can't find a program like this.  Does anyone know of one?

Bill Clinton