Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

more needless deaths

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9526243



Sure wish there was a way to get better info. on such cases. I think the one recurring theme is you can NOT rely on buildings to have adequate protection. You MUST bring your own. Get a personal CO alarm and carry it with you everywhere.

Comments

  • Jim DavisJim Davis Member Posts: 578
    stupid adults

    When you read this story you have to see stupid, stupid and stupid.  Mother leaves her kids with two drunk adults. Why?  Why did one guy sleep in his truck? Too rowdy inside? I am guessing if this cabin had a CO alarm it would have been disabled because it was keeping them awake.

    You have to feel sorry for the children but they may be better off.  It would be interesting to find out what the mother that left was doing, but that probably won't happen.

    Educating the public is pretty hard because I am guessing 50% don't watch the news or read a newpaper and only listen to music stations on the radio.

    Contractors at least have  the opportunity to educate and protect their customers but it is amazing how many are afraid to do that because they are afraid someone will get upset.
  • icesailoricesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Propane Deaths:

    The unvented propane gas heater was probably a gas range/stove, turned on by the mother, before she left to keep everyone warm in the morning. There probably isn't a legitimate space heater in the Cabin, they just used the stove in the Spring & Fall. It doesn't look like a winter cabin. Maybe had a wood stove and no fire to keep the place warm after a night of partying. And no one to tend the fire.

    Just speculating from experience.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!