Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Old Taco Valves

Options
Cubuff25
Cubuff25 Member Posts: 1
I am having issues with all 8 of my Taco Valves.  The type is E075C2-3, Type-E, 24V N/C, 3/4" Sweat 2-way, Ball Valve Style Zone Valve. 

The issue is that the valves are not fully closing so that when one area starts to heat up, they all do.  Yesterday I shut off all of the thermostats, then went down and closed the valves manually (each has a seperate shut off valve,) and now I am pretty sure it is the Taco's that are giving me issue.  They were all originally built in 2008/09 and from what I have seen online they are failing everwhere.

Funny thing is that Taco's website does not even acknowledge that they make such a beast.  They say they had a E075C2-1 but not a 2-3, so I am not sure what I have here.

My real question is, can I replace this with the latest and greatest, with just the electronics, being part number:  ZA024Q4A1.  I am hoping not to have to sweat anything.

I appriciate any help.  See attached picture if it helps, sorry for the low quality.

Comments

• Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options
    Taco Valves

Good Morning

I was reading your post and I thought about a conversation I had with John W yesterday morning regarding your issue.  I know he was handling it, and your in good hands, However, if you have any questions, you can get in touch with me directly. 

Have an awesome day
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions