Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Better Business Bureau

radmix
radmix Member Posts: 194
Ive been getting calls from the Better Business Bureau. They want me to join claiming that they will get me work, Get my listing on the first page on Google, they claim that homeowners choose there contractors from them all the time. Whenever I here of them its usually someone that wants to complain about a company not choose a company. Does anyone have any input about them.

Comments

• Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,405
    Bbb

IMO there a company like any other company, it's not like there government funded.

They suck
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,405
    Bbb

IMO there a company like any other company, it's not like there government funded.

They suck
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited April 2014
    BBB

Same here, radmix
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    over

The years I have been solicited. No thanks. I don't need some delusional person messing with my good name.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808

"Like"
    Steve Minnich
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Telemarketing, BBB style:

The person that called you is working for a Telemarketing company and gets a commission if you join.

Years ago, I belonged to a business trade group that claimed to have me in mind as a small business. They still claim that. But all the lobbying they do in Washington isn't about me, it's about "Them" who want to make it harder for me.

The BBB isn't your friend.

IMO.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Interesting read...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Business_Bureau

Personally, I have no faith in them. I've seen people who list themselves as "Members" who have horrible business ethics and practices, and a long list of complaints, but none of them show up when you check the BBB list.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.