Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Spoke with Deb at Heating Help today

Options
heatpro02920
heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
I have been meaning to pick up the rest of Dans books, I have read greening steam and we have steam heat, and I have EDR {no fitter should be with out that one}, but I have wanted to pickup pumping away, pri sec made easy, and lost art of steam, and I just haven't had time, well I just learned we are going to go out of town to my inlaws {in Florida, we leave Friday}, and it dawned on me I have nothing to read while I am there. I read a lot in my free time and since I haven't had much of that it hasn't been a real issue.

So I called in to place the order to see if it was at all possible to get the 3 books before we leave on Friday and Deb said she would personally bring them to the post office today!!! I can't wait and I am very thankful, what great service with a friendly phone call, much appreciated...

Comments

• Eric_32
    Eric_32 Member Posts: 267
    Options
    nice!!

I also have been putting aside making an order for a couple of new reads from here..

I have the Lost Art of Steam heat book, it alone will keep you busy for quite a while. Tons of great info in there.

Have a good trip
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Heating Help

Deb is the best, she always takes care of my orders.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    Thanks, guys!

Debbie is the straw that stirs the drink. We're lost without her.
    Retired and loving it.
  • heatpro02920
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Received my books today

GREAT, here with time to spare, now I have to stop myself from reading them before we leave, won't be hard since I have 3 days of work to get done in 5 hours...

Thanks again to HH for helping make my time with in-laws a little more bearable...
  • heatpro02920
    Options
    So we are in Florida

not really a vacation, kind of the opposite, but I read pumping away and primary secondary today...

I put about an hour into the lost art of steam, and I think that is going to be my favorite to date, it has a different "mood" than the others, I feel like Dans telling me a story while unloading a ton of info in all his books, but in Lost Art, I feel like we are having a conversation, very well done...

One funny note- I am reading the book and he explains a problem a friend of his ran into with a steam pipe that the installer unintentionally installed a new boiler with a lower water level and ran into a huge issue, well about 15 years ago I did the same exact thing, I was working at Fleet at the time and replaced a steam boiler for a customer, the first time I heard it BANG, was upstairs taking the check from the customer as the other 2 guys were cleaning up, I thought the boiler was coming through the floor and we were all going to die... I figured it out after a little investigated and ended up repiping and lifting the boiler, almost 2 days worth of extra labor...

Anyway, I can not wait to get back home, but the books are helping while I am here...
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Glad to hear!

That you're enjoying the books, but mostly that you're surviving the relatives. ;-)
    Retired and loving it.
  • heatpro02920
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Thanks Dan

I found something to keep me busy, my father in laws pool heater has been giving them issues so I took a look at that and replaced the HSI, they wanted to switch to a hybrid water heater so I am doing that today, and their neighbor also wants one so if Re Mikes has another one in stock I may throw theirs in too...

Plus the reason we are down here is to empty a relative that passed aways house and help with arrangements, so that has been keeping my wife and kids busy too.. Hopefully I can start heading back by Friday, since I have a ton work stacking up at home...
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Could be your new Southern branch!

;-)
    Retired and loving it.