Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

AS Freedom 90 Solid Green & Red Testing Question

Tanker
Tanker Member Posts: 2
Not sure if this should go in the Gas or Controls forum but here we go. I have a solid red and green light on an American Standard Freedom 90 2 stage propane furnace. Started with a noise coming from the inducer fan or motor. It was making a strange sound like leaves or a nest was coming in contact with the cage(?) in the housing. It also could have been water because of what I found. There were 3 condensate leaks, one above the inducer housing, one at the bottom of the inducer housing (installer did not have spring clamp installed properly) and on one of the hoses on the bottom near the lower right of the control board. Water definitely could have dripped on the circuit board. I tested the float in the pump to see if water may have been backing up in the condensate piping and/or inducer housing (if that is possible) but the pump worked. I will check the hoses for a clog tonight. A solid green and red means internal control failure, how do I start the trouble shooting process? I jumped out all of the limit switches and controls and tried the gas valve reset and checked the fuse but still no go. The rollout sensor was not tripped either. When you turn the power on and press the door panel switch it trips a relay for half a second, the blower fan turns on(??) and then immediately shuts off and the 2 lights stay steady. Is there a way to diagnose which control is bad without changing parts out or assuming that the board is bad?  Could a non working inducer motor cause this problem?