Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Monoflow type system?

Edbrown Member Posts: 8
One of our guys is out on an older hydronic system that is piped like a mono flow - except the Tee's are a "conical" shape?  Anyone see these before? do they act just like a mono flow?

Also the main zone has (2) loops that return to the large cast fitting - that looks like it may be some type of balancing wye.  Anyone have info on this fitting?  When replacing the boiler and piping away, should we replace?


  • heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    edited March 2014
    I seen them diverter tees before

    I am thinking it does the same thing as any other, just looks different...I have also changed boilers with them balance header blocks before... They are rare but I have done 3 boiler changes with them, one was in good shape so I left it the other 2 I replaced them with a tee pair of 90s and pair of globe valves, costs about $60 in materials but works the same way minus the drain... {I never seen one with a drain, that port was plugged on the ones I seen {If I remember correctly}....

    Another option is to use it as a zoning option, if it splits the house in half add a circ and t-stat and give them a zoning option...