Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

temperatures in the trunk line are different

Options
Have recently installed an electric mobile home furnace 15 KW. Very careful to get the new one exactly over the hole previous furnace. it blows down thru a duct connector to a rectangular duct with 4 reg  right + 4 registers left. Air force seams to be the same. those on the left have 95 degrees + on the right are 120 degrees?? I wish I could say I was more careful with the bottom duct connector (reused the old one) to see that it sealed the trunk line completely. The bottom of the mobile has an insulated dark plastic cover on the bottom with no holes under the trailor as I crawled under. Taking that back there was a hole where the lines came out for gas drain and 2 refrigerant lines. I could reach my hand in there (hole has been there before I arrived I am sure) this I plugged with batts and covered with silver tape. Do you think some thing crawled in there to tear up bottom liner arounf the duct? I took out an LP furnace which has a higher temp rise so it may have been there and he didn't notice it. Problem now is kitchen living room cool and back bedrooms hot. As a professional heating contractor I can not leave it as such. Factory tech suggested I remove blower and elements to check around the duct connector. what say YE? thank you for some help if you have any ideas.

Comments

• heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    Options
    hmmmm.

Do you have access to a thermal imager, cfm meter, duct manometer? I would first use my ti camera to find out where the energy is slowing down, then I would check the cfm at each register, sometimes the blockage isnt anywhere near where you think it is, if the air cant get out the registers it will not move as much heat, then I would check the pressure at various locations...

But this is all after I checked that seal, made sure there were no zone panels, checked all registers and fed the camera through the trunk lines... I have a duct cleaning company so I have access to a lot of tools most contractors don't own, but thats where I would start...

Is the mirrored both ways {identical left and right}?