Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Fuel use question?

Options
13»

Comments

• wrxz24
    wrxz24 Member Posts: 301
    Options
    Gordy said:

Understand a btu used is a btu needed. None of that changes CI to mod/con. What changes is modulation ability, and a few more efficiency points. Your house still needs the same BTUs to off set losses.

And that is the reason, I went mod con. Lower temp water in a high mass system....
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    I don't think the answer is to "Throw the baby out with the bath water". With all due respect to the Dead Men......We wouldn't know how to do it right, without them. We , also would not know how to do it wrong, without them. The technology is constantly improving. It has to be properly applied.
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    The dead men did the best they could with the technology they had, and developed. There were knuckle heads back then too just in fewer numbers. There wasn't big box stores, and the Internet to half educate, and give the tools, and hardware to to screw it all up.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    I worked on ODR systems 50 years ago. There's nothing different about modulated temperatures. Its how you modulate. The old systems condensed just as bad as the ones today. Those old boat moorings took it in stride. No one ever mentions that. Condensing didn't start 15 years ago with cold start oil boilers. Its been around as long as the earth.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    ice......Try and hang one of those old beasts on the wall.
    Canucker