Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

007 cap

Anybody know where I can get this 5mfd run cap out of a 007? The usual blower motor caps don't fit in that little compartment. 


  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Availibility Locations:

    Go to some heating company's location and look in the trash pile or maybe go dumpster diving. Pick out a few, they might all be bad.

    If yours is bad, its the first one I ever heard of that the capacitor was the only problem.

    If your time is billable and it was me running around for all this rather than just changing the whole wet end of the circulator, you'd call me a crook and refuse to pay me for the circulator or the run around time.

    Short Bus Math: At a labor charge of $60.00 per hour, that's a buck ($1.00) per minute. It doesn't take long before you can buy two new circulators.

    At least that's my experience.
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 605
    007 replacement capacitor

    The 007 replacement capacitor part number is 007-002rp.  you can procure the replacement capacitor along with any taco products through your local dealer.  For a list of Taco factory representatives, click on the link.
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Ordering parts:

    I can hear the store manager at the supply house I have used for since 1976. "You want what? The capacitor for a 007? Buy the whole circulator." They'd get the same reaction from the rep at Emerson-Swan.

    So Joe,

    I've installed and replaced a truckload of taco wet rotor circulators. I'll fix ANYTHING!!!. I have never found a bad wet rotor pump that wasn't working that had a bad capacitor. In fact, I gave up testing for bad capacitors. They were never the only thing wrong. High resistance in the motor case windings and hot motors more often. The cost of getting the proper rotor replacement never worked out. They never fit.

    Now if you'll just change all those wet rotor pumps to use circulator flange gaskets like Wilo does, so you can't use those disgusting red rubber gaskets that so many use instead of the black square cut O-Rings, you'd be doing everyone of your customers. Those red rubber gaskets get as hard as the tar road, crack and split, then leak. You can't even buy the proper O-Ring gaskets at most supply houses. Where I did 99% of mr business, they only stocked red gaskets for 1 1/2" flanges. They didn't even cover the groove. I had to special order them by the dozen.
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 935
    Thanks Joe

    Now I know what to ask for.

    If I can get this old girl a cap for a reasonable amount sure beats many many hundreds for a new pump installed.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083

    To imagine one trip to diagnose, time spent here asking around, a trip to track down a cap, a trip back to install is less than swapping out the pump or at least the cartridge on the first trip and done. Time is money...
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    007 cap

    Now if you had the cap on board the truck ,that would be a win win.
Sign In or Register to comment.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!