Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Someone with knowledge of outdoor furnaces and heat exchangers!

Options
rico7467
rico7467 Member Posts: 40
Is there anyone close to washington pa (1/2 hour south of Pittsburgh) that's knowledgeable in these systems that could come to my house and steer me in the right direction on how to do my install and how much would you want? If you don't want to post on here you can message me at <a href="mailto:Ricardo.babirad@gmail.com">Ricardo.babirad@gmail.com</a>. It doesn't have to be right away because it's gonna be a summer project

Comments

• Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    I don't know

of any wallie that lives out that way. I live 3hrs. away, Harrisburg. If you post all the particulars of your project, we can probably help you here on the wall.

Harvey
  • PLUMMER
    PLUMMER Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Easy peasy

If you can post your equipment , heat loss calculation broken down by zones and your needs. I am sure we can get you set up. All you will need is a licensed tradesman that works on hydronics regularly.

Your system design will play a large role in how much wood you use or don't use. It also effects burn times. A proper install will cost more initially but you will save much more in wood maintenance and repairs soon. Many times in the first season.

Siegenthaler and Calefi both have lots of pictures, diagrams of layout and controls for any wood burning system. Econoburn has this info on their website as well.

You will learn why some very small wood boilers can heat huge spaces with proper system design and control. So its can be easier with larger units.

What do you plan on using for underground supply lines?