Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Get Taco 007 With or Without IFC Valve?

pickncrew Member Posts: 13
I am going to replace circulators during boiler replacement. I notice the Taco 007 come with or without the IFC - integral flow check valve. I am not sure which style to get? thanks...


  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Wonderful things:

    IFC's are wonderful things. Unlike those old flow checks with the knob thingy that you can use to open the flow check and let the water run back to the boiler. Sometimes they leak at the stem but the stem can be repaired and the leak stopped.

    IFC's are great if you need to get into a leak on the piping above the IFC/Circulator. You often have to cut the pipe because you can't boil the water out of the pipe to solder like you can if you have that old knob thingy.

    They really excel in houses that are drained for the winter. The only way you notice (like you have other things to be thinking about) is to look and see if it says "IFC" on the cover. If the cover is still there. Then you either can blow it with air if it is piped properly. Or you can cut the pipe.

    I once found one not working because it had a paper clip in it,. I don't know how it got there. There is a photo here with a broken one.

    Everyone uses them. I never did because Zone Valves are just motorized flow checks. That you can still open.


    But everyone loves and uses them.