Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

reducing bushings

Options
Flip
Flip Member Posts: 40
Any one know where I might get my hands on eccentric reducing threaded bushings? Need a couple for the outlet on my radiators.

Comments

• Pumpguy
    Pumpguy Member Posts: 659
    Options
    When reducing

from large to small on a horizontal condensate return line, you want to use an eccentric reducing coupling to avoid trapping a pocket of condensate upstream.  My sources tell me these are readily available.  In the Chicago area I use Columbia Pipe & Supply and Porter Pipe. 

Now a reducer bushing, that's another matter.  Couldn't find any source.  Depending on the pipe sizes and the amount of offset needed, anybody with a decent lathe could make one from a common pipe plug.  Check with your near-by machine shop, or friendly home shop machinist.  Just a question of setting up the offset, then drilling and tapping for the smaller size. 
    Dennis Pataki. Former Service Manager and Heating Pump Product Manager for Nash Engineering Company. Phone: 1-888 853 9963

The first step in solving any problem is TO IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM.
  • Flip
    Flip Member Posts: 40
    Options
    reducing bushings

thanks for the come back. have a two flat with 20 rads all have this bushing at the rad outlet. believe you must be right about having them machined, cannot find this fitting anywhere. thanks again
  • Pumpguy
    Pumpguy Member Posts: 659
    Options
    If you'd like,

I can tell you how to contact a home shop guy that offered to make me a double tapped tank bushing.  I'm sure he could make these eccentric bushings for you.
    Dennis Pataki. Former Service Manager and Heating Pump Product Manager for Nash Engineering Company. Phone: 1-888 853 9963

The first step in solving any problem is TO IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM.
  • kevin_58
    kevin_58 Member Posts: 61
    Options
    concentric bushings

what size do you need .I may  have some 1 1/4 x 1/2 at my shop I will look if that is the size you need.