Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

indirect tank

bflan
bflan Member Posts: 1
So I was told today I need. New coil in my tankless boiler, jt was recommended to me instead that I get a indirect tank...my boiler is a 1997 am I better off replacing the coil, getting a indirect tank or replace full boiler and why? Ty

Comments

• Eric_32
    Eric_32 Member Posts: 267
    edited February 2014
    I will usually

give people prices for both the indirect and new coil. I favor the indirect by a long shot. Does your coil have bolts or studs holding it to the boiler? IF bolts there's a good chance some may break off when trying to remove them. Then it's drill and tap time.

Can be very time consuming. Tankless coils will consume more oil, and will give you less hot water than the indirect, but will most likely cost less to replace it.

I have an indirect off oil, in the summer time my boiler will get down to room temp before the indirect fires it up again. Tankless is going to keep that boiler 160°-180° all year long, day and night.

If the tankless gasket is leaking then it has to come out to replace it. If it's leaked for a long time, the leaking water can actually carve a groove in the surface of the cast iron boiler and make the new gasket have a difficult time sealing.