Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Air to water heat pump options

Options
Bart Vaio
Bart Vaio Member Posts: 56
Just saw a post in the heat pump section regarding options for air to water hydronic heat pumps. I am well versed with the Daikin Altherma's and I am a big fan. Are there any other manufactures offering product for the US market yet? Is Unico offering their reverse cycle chiller? I had recently read an article by Siggy and he remarked that there were 6 manufactures offering air to water heat pumps for the US market.

Comments

• Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    There are several.

SpacePac has a reverse cycle chiller that I installed in a hydro air system.

Electro makes one that uses a conventional heat pump with electric boiler backup.

I think Daikin has a high temp one over in Euro. It only does heating which I assume is probably due to 2-stage vapour injection refrigeration. Just a guess.

There's not a very big selection and they all like low water temps.

By the way. That SpacePac that I installed. I put a KW meter on it (the whole system). The one like the Utility Companies use. At 9 cents a KWH the operating cost for a whole year, heating and cooling, was just a scudge over $800. Not real shabby. I have the heat set up in 5 stages and 2 stages for cooling.

Harvey