Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Problems with BF3...

Options
Corndog
Corndog Member Posts: 2
Just about every part on this burner has been changed.  New motor, control, valve stem, coil and nozzle.  The burner starts up fine then every now and again the flame will immediatly drop out and come back on 10 seconds or so later.   I went through the reillo troubleshooting check list and everything checked out fine.   It has an ET-25 post purge controller on it and I'm not too familiar with them.  Could this be causing the flame drop out?  I used an oil watcher and saw no bubbles and vacuum reading was fine.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• gilligan
    gilligan Member Posts: 18
    Options
    cad cell

Neat trick i learned is to lay a Honeywell cad cell assembly in the air tube and run the leads out to where you can read it with an ohm meter. this will tell you if the flame is stable. Also allow you to set the burner up to the lowest cad cell reading by adjusting intake air/fuel pressure/ head position. Then do a combustion test and go from there. If the cad cell reading is too high the control will go into recycle and keep turning the burner on and off.