Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

From old to new oil setup - a great transformation

Options
BarryNY
BarryNY Member Posts: 13
Finally bit the bullet and upgraded from a 1984 Weil 125k net Btu + direct fired 50 gal hw heater to a brand new Buderus G115WS-4 with Riello F5, S32 indirect hw heater, Fuel Smart Hydrostat 3250-plus, Tigerloop ultra. 4 zones heat + the indirect. 2700 sqft ranch plus 1000 sq ft heated bsmt. The WS-4 gives enough firepower to handle a 600 sqft master BR addition upstairs if desired by me or the next owner. Was using about 1500 gals/year...hope to see nice payback.

Thanks for all the insight I gleaned from this and some other forums...

Here are the before and after...

Comments

• pickncrew
    pickncrew Member Posts: 13
    Options
    how is it?

How is this working out for you? I am basically doing the same thing... don't have the fuel smart. Trying to decide if the S32 will be a good replacement for old boilermate.
  • BarryNY
    Options
    Working GREAT

Hi.

We used about 1,000 gals for this season.

The house never wanted for heat...and we never had any problems with running out of hot water.

Additionally, since the winter, I installed the outdoor air temp sensor on the Hydrostat to have the system run only on demand from the indirect water heater.

Couldn't be happier. The system runs quiet and does the job.
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Options
    1000 gallons ???

for 2700 sq. ft. Should be closer to 700 assuming the house isn't a loose goose.
  • BarryNY
    Options
    Not a "loose goose"

New system not commissioned until January - was getting soaked by the old system for half the season...

Looking forward to 700 gallons for the full season this year!