Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anyone using Biasi Ecostyle panel radiators

Its been a while since I've aked a question on the wall, but Ive been looking into installing panel radiators in my house. I am a hvac tech in central WI and install about 20 boilers a year (mostly commercial applications, elderly living) and mostly Ultras because thats what my boss uses. I have no experiance installing or using panel radiators. In 2001 I visited my Grandmother-in-law in Germany and was introduced to my first panel radiator and trv.

I am wondering If anybody has used the Biasi Ecostyle radiators and if so would they put them in their home?  Are the Buderus ones any better for any reason? I am planning on using trvs, constant circulation, and a 4 waymixing  valve controlled by outdoor reset. I also need help chosing an affordable controller for outdoor reset. Finallly, can I use just one circulator; I am planning on using a simple powervented cast iron boiler.

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    I have used....

a couple Biasi. They are ok. I have Buderus 22 and 33 in my own home. I do like the way the Buderus ones go together better. The Buderus ones put out a little more btu for the size.
  • I do have limited space under the windows...

About 16" from floor molding to window casing. Also, I have one smaller room (10x14) with 2 exterior walls, each of them having a 48"x52" window and one of them has exterior door. The sofa must sit in front of either one of the windows. I was thinking of installing a radiator under each window so if we move the sofa from one wall to another, one radiator is always exposed. But I was wondering ,should I size those radiators 100% heat load each or 50% heat load each, knowing a sofa will always be in front of one of them? trying to avoid having 2 large radiators in one small room.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    where is ....

written that you have to put them under the windows?

You know where the furniture layout is then install the panel rads accordingly.
  • I would just like to have them under the windows

because the windows are not the greatest. We bought this 1939 house somewhat newly remodeled. Come to find out that it was a remodel to sell, so the best materials were not used. Little insulation in sidewalls too; will fix that issuse someday. Have forced air furnace now, 60,000 btu, keeps up but the house feels uncomfortable and drafty. Had -25 and 25mph winds a few weeks ago, the furnace kept up and cycled. I did a rescheck heatloss the other day and I had 78,000btu loss! Maybe I was too concervative in my Window u values or something? I am now wondering if i should size a boiler from my heat loss or from what my furnace does now, about 50,000 btu/hr.