Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

rescom 2100 radiant heat pros &cons

handle
handle Member Posts: 1
Does anyone have any expertise on this rescom 2100 radiant baseboard heat, any info would be appreciated. I know it's three times the price of traditional hydronic systems and puts out less  BTUs but runs at a lower temp. Would it use more or less energy from the boiler to heat the same amount of space as a hydronic baseboard system would ?

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Lower water temperatures

allow both condensing boilers and heat pumps to operate at maximum efficiency -- as long as you can get enough BTUs out of the product.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    the output...

on this type of baseboard is pretty low. You will need a tight envelope and a lot of this baseboard....especially at low water temps.
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    as long as you can get enough BTUs out of the product.

That is the "secret."

I have two rooms in my house that had 3 feet of baseboard in each. Perhaps that would have been enough (heat load would be a little over 3000 BTU/hour in each) if I put 180F water in them, but the heating system in that house did not go over 140F and was sometimes as low as 130F. So those rooms were always cold.

When I replaced my old heating system with a new mod-con, I had the house split into two zones: downstairs is radiant slab at grade, and upstairs is baseboard. I wanted more heat up there, and low water temperatures, so I replaced those 3-foot sections of baseboard with 14-foot sections of Slant/Fin Base/Line 2000. I used to run them at up to 136F water temperature which was enough for design day (14F) but this year we got a couple of days when it went down below 3F, so I raised the maximum to 140F. Time will tell if that is enough.