Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Camus Boilers

EBEBRATT-Ed
EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,064
Anyone have any comments (good or bad) or have used any Camus boilers? the rep here is pushing them and I here their prices are good. Made in Canada but you get what you pay for. We have a few jobs quoted with them.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,064
    camus

No installs yet?
  • mikedo
    mikedo Member Posts: 220
    heard they are not expensive but no one knows how to work on them. who is going to work on all these different new computer controlled systems
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Last one I saw was basically a Gianonni formatted appliance with a Honeywell controller and the usual group of suspects connected to modcon operations (EBM Pabst blowers and Dungs or Honeywell neg reg gas valves). Came in a nice stainless steel box though. I didn't purchase it but was only trying to get the appliance to fire correctly. Their support was OK, but I determined that they didn't know as much about their product as I did. Found that the problem was their flexible combustion air inlet hose was restricting air flow to the neg reg gas valve, causing it to flood the boiler with fuel (LP ) and causing lockouts due to failed ignition attempts. Would lite off OK, but as RPM's ramped up, would choke out and die. Poked a hole as relief in their flexible hose and all problems went away.

That was about 5 years ago, and I assume like everyone else, they've moved on from the Gianonni to the fire tube HXer that everyone and their brothers using these days.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.